Going offshore is widely discussed subject among IT professionals, it has its pros and cons, and it’s impacting companies’ both top and bottom line. It has become a key component in defining how successful enterprises are run.
What are the reasons for the companies to go offshore IT?
Below are the most valuable ones:
- Lower operational and labor costs are the primary reasons for the companies to outsource.
- Outsourcing can also impact company revenues when executed properly – standard predictable IT service can positively affect consumer side.
- Tap in and leverage a global knowledge base, having access to world class capabilities
- Focus on the core business instead of spending time and money on managing IT teams and projects – release internal resources for other more important purposes
- Stranded with internal resources crunches, having difficulties finding IT professionals on the local markets – companies outsource to gain access to larger pools of competencies, available to professional providers offshore
- Avoid legal constraints and limitations, linked with hiring direct staff, especially on mature markets, where employment legislation is tough to the businesses
- Expand geographically and get access to the new markets, by taking the point of production or service delivery closer to their end users
To summarize, the companies go offshore mainly to save costs, concentrate on core business and avoid inherent employment risks. Offshore outsourcing may positively impact companies’ numbers but there is definitely one serious watch-out: right execution is the key!
Contact us right now and start saving budget and reaching your business goals with offshore outsourcing immediately!